Fifteen (15) Principles of the Spiritual Gifts of YHWH the Holy Spirit
1. Every true believer receives one or more Spiritual Gifts from YHWH the Holy Spirit. Usually, every true believer receives a combination of the Spiritual Gifts, (1 Corinthians 12:7; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; 1 Peter 4:10). Do not confuse the Fruit which is always present in you with the Gifts which are differently given to different people. Some of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to some believers in different measures. In contrast, the Fruit of the Holy Spirit is given to every true believer, hence it become a mark and a sing of the true believers, see “Twenty Measure of Every True Believer, by Dr. David d’Albany, 2020).
2. As the congregations contain a majority of non-born again Christians, it is common that non-born again Christian may enjoy and even manifest some of these Gifts of the Holy Spirit for a short time and oftentimes, they make a profit from them. The Scriptures tells us that if these false believers do not repent, their end is worse than their beginning: Hebrews 6:4-8 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened(*1), and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit(*1), and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come(*1), if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.”
(*1) These references refer to the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
3. Some non-believers do exhibit and practice supernatural gifts and some of them pretend or believe that their gifts are given by God. Actually, Satan and his legions of demons can manifest themselves in non-believers showing such supernatural gifts. Some of them are Pastors, Missionaries, Bishops, Deacons, Elders who are social believers (not born-again). These people are usually popular, beloved and have high quiet discrete income. Supernatural manifestations are not evidence of being born again, (1 Corinthians 12:7, 11).
4. They are given only according to “the will of good pleasure” of God. Some true believers may have one, or two, or three, or four, or five, or more. YHWH gives His Spiritual Gift to serve His children, (Ephesians 4:11; Romans 12:6).
5. They are given for the sole purpose to build the believers, the Ekklyssia (not the Church), (1 Corinthians 12:1; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18).
6. They are given as an accountable responsibility before God, (1 Peter 4:10-11; Matthews 25:14-30). No one should use them to elevate himself or his business (his ministry) or make profit from them.
7. The Spiritual Gifts are NOT of natural abilities. This means that we cannot develop them on our own and we should never brag or use them to make money or any kind of profit, (1 Corinthians 2:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 12:9).
8. As we examine the value of service of these Spiritual Gifts, we notice a hierarchy of service value. Such hierarchy of Spiritual Gifts does not mean that one Gift is superior to another, but it means that one Gift is more valuable in serving the believers than another. For example, the Spiritual Gift of Helps is superior to the Spiritual Gift of Leadership, (1 Corinthians 12:25-27). Christians assume exactly the opposite.
9. The KEY to know if my gift is from YHWH the Holy Spirit or from other spirits or myself is simple:
✦ Do I have any personal gain or profit from exercising this gift? If the answer is YES, then this gift is simply demonic or man made.
✦ If I use this gift to serve others, to disciple them, to lead them to the redemption of Christ without any benefit or profit, then this gift is from YHWH the Holy Spirit.
10. The Spiritual Gift, when exercised to serve others in humility and without any personal benefit of any kind, are guaranteed to have YHWH the Holy Spirit accompany them. Thus YHWH fills the community, the Ekklyssia, and He brings His divine interventions in our lives. He brings love, healing, protection, and victory. He removes all confusion; whether mental, social, or doctrinal, (1 Corinthians 12:4-7; 14:33; 1 Peter 4:10, 11).
11. If we do not serve one another in accordance to God’s Spiritual Gifts, then the people of God who depend on us will be deprived of God’s presence and power.
12. Many true believers are not using the Spiritual Gifts given to them by YHWH.
A- Some have no idea about these Gifts, or about their Gifts given to them by YHWH.
B- Some received false teaching from Bible teachers and pastors (preachers) (1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6).
C- Some Pastors, Missionaries and Christian Leaders will literally kick out (excommunicate) any person who manifests the Spiritual Gifts. The reason for this is that they teach us in the seminaries and also among Pastors that you need to take charge of your church and remove any shiny bright stars who may take the attention away from you. This is satanic teaching, but most Pastors and Missionaries think it is the right way to keep their business. This demonic teaching stifles the expression of the well needed Spiritual Gifts.
D- Most Pastors and Missionaries refuse to develop leaders. They maintain the parishioners (members and supporters) of their Churches as “blind sheep,” for fear of being usurped. They pretend to do Bible studies and discipleship classes, but it is very weak and extremely superficial. I personally met many insecure Pastors and Missionaries who are repeating the Roman Catholic pattern: “We, the Clergy, alone have the true knowledge and Gifts of God. You, the laity, are to follow us and pay us your money and loyalty, or else be excommunicated.”
13. YHWH the Holy Spirit is the only source of these Spiritual Gift, hence a distinction is to be made: all other gifts which are natural or from human or other spirits are False, (1 Corinthians 12:11).
14. The Spiritual Gifts of the YHWH the Holy Spirit, are not of the same level as the natural ability. They are above and beyond our natural ability. If someone is able to manifest a gift naturally or at will, then it is NOT a Spiritual Gift of the Holy Spirit. These are supernatural, i.e., we cannot repeat them on our own.
15. When YHWH the Holy Spirit gives you certain Spiritual Gifts, do not assume that you own them twenty-four hours a day. For example, the Holy Spirit may give you the Spiritual Gift of Wisdom when you counsel a family which is going through very difficult time, but when you leave and get back home, do not assume that you remain the wisest person in the world. The Spiritual Gift will come back on you when you counsel another family. Do not assume that the Spiritual Gifts make you permanently divine or superior in nature.
YHWH gives you His Spiritual Gifts as you are serving Him. You do not become the owner of these Spiritual Gifts, but the servant who is empowered by them to serve others.