Some Brief Points to Help Us in Sharing the Gospel of Christ Messiah
Discipleship/Evangelism Concise Basic Manual
The last words of Jesus recorded in Matthew are: “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:18-20.
The Great Commission is commanded to every believer in Christ.
The Great Commission is not simply to tell the people (non-believers or believers): have faith in Jesus the Savior and then leave them alone.
The Great Commission is to teach and to disciple the non-believers and the believers step by step, even taking baby steps at times.
This is our obligation and a fruit manifesting our true faith in Christ.
The Objectives of the Great Commission
1) It is not to convince others of our opinions.
2) It is not to overpower them with our intellect or art of persuasion.
3) It is not to manipulate their emotions into following what we tell them.
4) It is not converting them to our church or our religion.
5) It is to bring them to the knowledge of God Jesus Christ and His redemptive work.
A) They need to know that Jesus the Messiah is the very person of God
B) They need to know that all humans have sinned over and over again.
C) They need to know that their only redemption is accepting the blood of Christ, for there is no other name under the sun by which we can be saved.
D) They need to confess their sins to Jesus only.
E) They need to truly repent, not only with their mouth but pay back all damages they caused others.
F) As evidence of their redemption, they need to obey Christ’s Commandments (the Ten Commandments) and keep their body clean (kosher food).
6) We need to keep a bridge open all the time. A bridge does not mean compromise or acceptance of their behavior, but willingness to sit down with them and share Christ’s knowledge and His salvation.
7) We need to constantly pray that God the Holy Spirit enters their hearts and regenerates their spirits that their eyes may be opened to see Christ and understand the depth of His redeeming love.
It is very important to distinguish the people from their actions.
John tells us in 1 John 1:10 “If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.”
We, as humans should never classify people as good people and bad people.
It is true that Jesus called the Pharisees “sons of the devil,” because they rejected God the Messiah and created their own Talmudic way.
John 8:44 “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”
We should not classify people into two categories, good people and bad people, otherwise, we will never love the people who may be blind and have gone astray for the moment.
Any person who rejects Christ is obeying Satan.
Our Commission is simply to share the knowledge of Christ and pray for their redemption.
Remember: If we call certain people “bad people” then we will never be able to love them.
This is not confusing when we understand the nature of the love which God commanded us to love the people.
Points About the Nature of Love to Others
How can I love all the people, not only those who believe in Jesus or those who go to churches, but also those who reject Jesus at this time?
Love is not just words.
Love is not politeness.
Love is not a feeling or emotion.
I simplify and summarize love into three points:
(1) Love is respect. I need to respect every human being whether they are criminals in prison or prominent leaders in the church. Respect is unconditional 24/7.
I may disagree with their criminal behavior, but I respect them as human beings created in the image of God (originally).
Jesus respects us even when we were yet sinners.
Mark 2:15 “Now it happened, as He (Yeshua Jesus) was dining in Levi's house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him.”
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Remember: God demonstrates His own love toward us even when we were sinners (depraved, polluted, rebellious).
(2) Love is Acceptance. I need to accept every human being as equal to me or even better than me.
We should never classify some people as losers, or bad, or inferior, or different.
Acceptance does not mean that they can live with me, but it means that I treat them as my equals.
Acceptance does not mean accepting or tolerating their behavior if it is sinful or evil.
If I treat any man or woman as inferior to me, then how can I claim that I love them?
(3) Love is Doing Good for the Others.
As much as possible, within my means, I need to do good to others.
Most people, especially younger people, define love by someone who makes them feel good or someone who is providing them with benefits.
Love is not taking but giving. Love is doing good whether I feel good or not and whether I feel loved back or not.
Love is an action not a feeling.
Seven Basic Areas in Sharing the Gospel
With this foundation, I proceed into the basic steps of knowledge which will help us share Christ’s knowledge with people and help them to be disciples of Christ.
These seven points are listed in order of priority to be shared as we have discussion with the people.
When you bring these points in your discussion, have few verses backing up each point and also be prayerful as God is the one who will open the hearts. You are God’s instrument in sharing His Gospel.
(1) God is a person. He created the heavens and the earth. The heavens means all dimensions of existence.
God YHWH created all creatures. He created mankind. He created the angels (the hosts of heaven).
The Big Bang, the Framework Theory, the Greek and Darwinian Evolution mythology (hypothesis) are all man made theories. They are simply false and there is no need to discuss them.
Focus on God as the Creator.
If we do not agree on this point, then it is difficult to proceed.
(2) God knows the nature of man more than man can ever know himself by virtue of being His creator.
The Greeks focused on man knowing himself and this is the same force in psychotherapy. God’s knowledge of man is absolute truth. Man’s knowledge of himself is relative and imaginary.
(3) Eve (Adam’s wife) was seduced because she followed her feelings and emotions. She allowed the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life to control her. She rejected the authority of her husband (Adam) and thus rejected the authority of God.
Adam was not seduced emotionally, but was dominated by his wife (Eve) into submission. Thus, Adam also broke God’s one simple commandment. Thus, Adam was worshiping and obeying Satan.
At this moment and immediately two things happened:
(1) For the first time, Adam and Eve experienced “shame” and “fear”.
(2) Also, on that very day they became “dead in their spirits” though they appeared alive in the flesh.
Genesis 2:16-17 “God YHWH said to Adam: “And YHWH the LORD God commanded Adam, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
The Hebrew text says: “... for in the day that you eat of it Death you shall Die.”
All humanity in Adam and Eve became defective before the Holiness of God YHWH, hence the devolution of mankind.
(4) God, in His immeasurable love to mankind, offered the first lamb sacrifice in Paradise. And, He took the skin of the lamb and made them into clothes to cover the shame and the nakedness of Adam and Eve.
(5) God commanded a yearly blood sacrifice as a symbol, a type and a reminder that humanity is under the sentence of death due to sin.
This is called Old Testament or Old Covenant, i.e., the yearly blood sacrifice on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
(6) In due time, God came in person incarnate as a true human being born of the blessed virgin Mary and offered Himself as the Lamb of God. The blood of Christ was shed as the New Testament or New Covenant.
This is the Messianic role of redemption.
✦ A human cannot save another human from death because all humans are under death.
✦ An angel cannot save a human from the death of sin.
✦ Only God, the Son of God, incarnate as Jesus Christ was able to die to save us from the death of our sins.
Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Jesus is the very person of God. He carried our sorrows, pain, and penalty. He alone is our Redeemer.
(7) It is important to accept, believe in, confess (only to Jesus), and repent of all sins.
When you do these, then the Holy Spirit (who is God) will come inside your soul and dwells in you. You become a chosen son of God and a living Temple of God.
This is important to encourage, but never coerce the person to make the commitment.
Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
1 Corinthians 6:19 “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”
Ephesians 1:13 “In Him (in Jesus Christ) you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.”
Rejecting Christ is rejecting God the Holy Spirit (Christ is YHWH and the Holy Spirit is YHWH who is One God)
Mark 3:29 “He who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation.”
If we repent, then we are no longer children of the devil and no longer blaspheming God, the Holy Spirit.
These seven points are basic.
Finally, remember, it is not you who will persuade anyone.
Pray always so that God YHWH is the one who speaks to them through you.